You’re working so hard toward those goals you’ve made for yourself. From leg day to meal prepping all of those salads, you feel like there’s nothing that can stop you! You’re finally hitting all of your goals and making serious progress! And then, you’re not. You’re doing exactly what you’re supposed to, but you get stuck. It’s the dreaded Weight Loss Plateau… So, what are we going to do about it now? You’ve already implemented all of the weight loss habits that you know. Now you’ve got an entirely new struggle to face.
You’re not alone in facing it! We’re here to help you with some of our favorite Weight Loss Plateau Solutions. We know how hard you’re working to lose all of that weight, so we can’t let you flounder when you hit that plateau. We’re here to hold your hand through this frustration. So, read on to see some of the things that we’ve found to help you out!
Weight Loss Plateau Definition & Causes
First of all, we’ve got a Weight Loss Plateau Definition to walk you through. A plateau is when you’re stuck in one place for a long period of time. Relating this to weight loss, it means that you’ve stopped losing, or gaining weight. You’re stuck in one place, and that place can be incredibly frustrating.
There are a few different Weight Loss Plateau Causes that people fall into. The most common cause is probably this one: you start making all kinds of changes to your diet and your exercise, and you start to notice some serious results. But then, your body slows your metabolism down because it starts to get used to the routine you’re in. When your calorie intake matches the calories you’re burning, you’re going to hit a Weight Loss Plateau. While you should be able to keep the weight off that you’ve lost, it does stop you from continuing to lose weight.
So, that’s a little bit about plateau’s and why they happen. You’ll find all kinds of different Weight Loss Plateau Myth theories out there, but at the end of the day, you’re still not losing any more weight. It stinks really! But, we’re not done here! Keep reading!
Weight Loss Plateau Solutions
So, now you know what causes plateau’s, but now we need some Weight Loss Plateau Solutions! We’ve got that for you. Before you go all gung-ho with these solutions, you should ask yourself if you’re happy with the weight you’re at right now. Because if you are, you might not need any of these. But, if you’re not, we’ve got you covered! Here are some of our favorite solutions:
- Reassess: Do a little bit of self-critique here. Have you been cutting corners? Are you following your plan as hard as you can? Maybe you’re letting yourself get by with portions that are too big, of workouts that aren’t hard enough. That’s an easy fix, just start working harder! You can do it!
- Calorie Cuts, Again: If you’re not cutting corners, you might want to cut more calories. Make sure that you’re at least getting the daily 1,200 that is required to survive. But, it could be your easy fix! As long as you go about it safely.
- Work Harder: If you’re not already working out for at least 30 minutes daily, it’s time to start. Tough love here, but you can find 30 minutes in the day to move your body! If you’re serious about losing weight, stop fooling yourself. You need to do this.
- Additional Supplements: If you’ve already done all of this, you might need to add some more vitamins and nutrients. Check out some of our favorite supplements on our review page. They could be the solution you need.
- Be Patient: You’re still working to better yourself so there’s no need to get mad at yourself! You are your own worst critic, but we’re here to tell you this: you can do this, and you deserve all of this hard work to pay off! Don’t give up!
Weight Loss Plateau | Final Thoughts
So, there you have it. A really quick breakdown on everything Weight Loss Plateau related. Now you know what causes them, and from there you should be able to figure out what to do and How To Avoid A Weight Loss Plateau. So, we do hope that you’ve found this quick breakdown helpful!
Remember, you deserve all of those weight loss goals you’ve set for yourself. Take the time to figure out what you need, and never forget that you can reach those goals. You are going to have to work for them though. Now, get started!