Want To Learn How To Lose Weight During The Holidays?
Are the holidays your favorite time of year? Really, most people love spending time with family, getting and receiving presents, and eating lots of delicious food! But, this last part can also be a con for some of the more weight-conscious people out there. Did you know that some studies suggest that people gain an average of 1.3 pounds during the holidays? If you’ve been on a successful diet for the rest of the year, gaining weight during the holidays just isn’t an option! So, do you want some ideas for How To Lose Weight During The Holidays? Don’t just maintain your weight-go for the gold and try and lose weight, too!
All your family and friends will be jealous as they try to squeeze into their jeans after New Year’s. And, you’ll feel like you hit the jackpot by reading this list of How To Lose Weight During The Holidays. You might be thinking, “Oh great, I won’t get to eat ANY of the good food.” But, this simply isn’t true. In fact, you can still indulge a bit AND meet your goals. This list of How To Lose Weight During The Holidays is just a starting point. But, we bet you can get even more creative than this and blow us out of the water this holiday season!
Really, It’s Easy To Know How To Lose Weight During The Holidays!
- Our first tip is simple: watch your portion sizes! You can eat mom’s ham and mashed potatoes and gravy and rolls, don’t worry. But, if you keep your portion sizes reasonable, you shouldn’t have to worry about the extra calories you might be piling on!
- Next on our list of How To Lose Weight During The Holidays is a tried and true tip: stay active! After you’ve had a giant family meal, you can all go for a walk in a winter wonderland. Or, try some activities like cross country skiing or snow shoeing!
- Now, this one might seem a little counter-intuitive, but, treat yourself! Now, you might be wondering, “How can I know How To Lose Weight During The Holidays if I am treating myself?” Well, all we are saying is, don’t deny yourself the more protein-heavy treats. For example, choose chocolate over cookies. Chocolate, at least, has protein, which will satisfy you more!
- This next one could be disappointing to some people but is a good way to keep off calories: skip the alcohol. Or, stick to smaller drinks like champagne.
- Lastly, make a plan for how you are going to keep the weight off. Even if it seems annoying, you could try weighing yourself every day. You could even call the plan: How To Lose Weight During The Holidays. And, if you’re not at your target weight, then you know you need to skip an extra portion of gingerbread at the next meal! It’s simple.
Some Final Thoughts On How To Lose Weight During The Holidays
If you don’t think you can do it, think again. Tons of people have managed to maintain their weight AND lose weight during the holidays. You can still indulge, spend all the time with family, and feel good about yourself. We promise. You don’t have to be a Grinch to know How to Lose Weight During The Holidays Fast. You just have a to do a bit of planning, and maybe stay a bit more active. Know someone else who needs this list? Then, give us a share on your favorite social media platform!