Depending on where you live, chapped lips are probably a part of your everyday life. And, sure, they’re not that big of a deal, you think. But, they can definitely put a damper on things if you’re looking to get smooched. Or, if you’re trying to get a certain look for a party or even just a day at the office. Unfortunately, chapped lips can also give you a sickly appearance. Of course, there are lip balms, but they don’t get rid of the skin that’s already dead. So, in lieu of pulling it off yourself, there are always lip scrubs to help you get a soft kisser. They can be costly, though. So, we’re giving you the Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe so you can get luscious lips at home.
Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe Ingredients
The first thing you’re going to want to do is gather your ingredients for the Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe. So, we’ve got the ingredients listed here to make things easy.
- 1 tsp. honey (ideally raw and natural)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. granulated white sugar
- 2 drops essential oil (try lavender, rose, or mint)
- Lemon juice (as needed, optional)
For this Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe, make sure you also have access to a small cup or bowl, a small, sealable container to store your finished product, and some good lip moisturizer or balm for after you use your scrub.
Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe Instructions
Okay, so you’ve assembled your ingredients for this Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe. Now what? Well, just follow the simple steps below to get results.
- Warm honey in microwave. You should use a small, microwaveable container. This shouldn’t take more than about five seconds.
- Add your oil. Either transfer your honey to your mixing container, or mix the oil and honey together in the microwaveable container.
- Pour in the granulated sugar. The next step in the Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe is to mix in the sugar for the scrubby effect.
- (Optional) Add lemon juice. The lemon juice can create a soothing effect. But, just know that if your lips are often chapped to the point that they’re bleeding, the lemon juice could sting a bit.
- Drop in essential oils. If you don’t want it to be too strong, you can skip this step or just put in one drop. A little goes a long way.
- Mix everything thoroughly. Stir it all together and transfer to your clean storage container. You’re done!
Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe: How To Use
So, now that you’ve got your Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe all finished, how do you use it? It’s simple. Just take a little bit on the tip of your finger and rub it on your lips in a circular motion. You can let it sit on your lips for a few minutes too, if you want. Now, most people like to just wash off their lip scrub. With this Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe, you may want to do that. However, if you’re sure about the quality of your essential oils, you may be able to just lick it off. Check with your doctor to make sure you’re not sensitive to any essential oils before doing this (safety first!). Thanks for reading about our Best DIY Lip Scrub Recipe today, and check back again soon for more fun articles!