Perhaps the only thing more frustrating than dealing with skin problems is buying the products that are designed to fix them. Whether you’re a minimalist or you have a cabinet full of skin care lotions and potions, it can end up being expensive. And, you might not be able to find a formula that absolutely works for you without digging around a ton in stores and online. So, you end up dropping the big bucks on a product that you’ve never tried before. And, sure, it might work great, but then once you run out, you have to buy it again, and again. In reality, it might not need to be that hard. Today, we’re going to provide you with the recipes you need to make 3 easy DIY skin care products. Because, your skin care routine doesn’t have to be worth a million bucks.
Easy DIY Skin Care Products Have Benefits
There are loads of reasons why you would want to make your own easy DIY skin care products. Firstly, saving money is a real reason for dropping the monthly investment in professional products. Even relatively cheap lines of moisturizers and cleansers can still rack up the charges on your credit card. It’s incredible how quickly you can end up spending $100 or more on just a handful of products that the sales associate claims you “need.” So, it’s pretty certain that once you streamline your skin care routine and start making your own easy DIY skin care products, you could save money.
Of course, saving money is not the only good thing about making easy DIY skin care products. Actually, creating your own products gives you much more control over what kind of ingredients are in them. And, it helps you understand what you’re putting on your face. Because, whether you are vegan, gluten free, or allergic to nuts, there’s definitely a risk of running into unsavory ingredients in your average skin care line. It might be something you wouldn’t expect either, like an herb that you have an allergy to. So, taking your products into your own hands and making your own easy DIY skin care products can give you the chance to be the boss of what goes on your skin.
Other Great Things About Easy DIY Skin Care Products
All right, so we’ve talked about money and control over what goes on your face. But, is there anything else awesome about easy DIY skin care products? Oh, yeah. Because, let’s say you’re trying to figure out what to give your friend for her birthday. There’s nothing quite as awesome as some homemade skin care made by yours truly. And, you can always ask her in advance what she likes, so that you can tailor your approach to what she needs.
Plus, it’s awesome to do easy DIY skin care products in big batches. In fact, you have a lot of control over how much you make when you’re doing the preparing. So, if you need a lot because you have a big family, you can do that – without raising the price too much. All right, now you know some of the benefits of switching to easy DIY skin care products. However, before we begin, we have to insert the disclaimer that you should always check with your dermatologist before changing up your skin care routine. And, it’s a good idea to test these products on the inside of your arm before you put them on your face, just in case you experience a reaction. Also, it goes without saying, but if you do experience adverse effects, discontinue use. Time to jump in to these recipes!
Easy DIY Skin Care Products: What You Need
In order to have what you need to make these 3 easy DIY skin care products, you’ll probably have fairly high costs upfront. But, because you could buy these products in bulk, you’ll likely end up saving money in the long run. Here are some ingredients that you would do well to pick up before starting.
- Organic Raw Honey. Make sure that the bottle really says “honey.” Sometimes products that are marketed as honey are actually corn syrup with dyes. Plus, real honey is great as a natural sweetener in place of sugar. Obviously, honey might not work out for you if you’re vegan, but you can play with other options.
- Baking Soda. You might have experimented with baking soda and vinegar as a kid. Well, baking soda is good for more than just science projects! This is one of the most crucial ingredients in things like bath bombs.
- Coconut Oil. This is a really popular product both for beauty routines and cooking! Stocking up on coconut oil is okay because there are tons of uses for it. So, you’ll have plenty for easy DIY skin care products
- Vitamin E Oil. You should be able to buy Vitamin E oil at any drugstore for relatively cheap. Vitamin E is often in skin care products to help protect and heal the skin.
- Steel Cut Oats. Oatmeal can provide scrubby particles for exfoliants and more.
- Liquid Castile Soap. If you buy a big container it can run you to nearly $20, but a tiny bit goes a really long way. Plus, you can use it around the house for cleaning and making hand soap.
- Essential Oils. One of the best things about store-bought products is that they often smell good. But, you can recreate a great scent by adding essential oils to your easy DIY skin care products. Plus, some essential oils have benefits of their own. Just be careful not to use essential oils on young children or pets.
- Face Oil. There are lots of appropriate oils to choose from. For oily skin, you might try jojoba oil or grapeseed. Dry skin prefers almond oil. Aging skin would probably do well with Argan oil. And, sensitive skin could use avocado oil. Do a little extra research online to see which oil might be the best for you.
Easy DIY Skin Care Products: Cleanser
On to the first recipe of our 3 easy DIY skin care products! One of the awesome things about castile soap is that, once you add water and put it into a foaming bottle, it makes a great foaming soap. So, you can make a foaming facial wash. Just combine 1 cup filtered water, ¼ cup liquid castile soap, 5 teaspoons of your chosen face oil, 2 tablespoons of your raw honey, and some of your chosen essential oils. Lavender, tea tree oil, and rosemary oil are good options. Especially, since tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties that may actually help naturally preserve the foaming facial wash. Pop everything into a foaming soap bottle and shake it up. Be sure to test a little on your arm before you go all out on your face. And, if you notice this wash going off after about a month, you can throw it out.
Easy DIY Skin Care Products: Bath Bomb
This second easy DIY skin care products recipe is one that has become super popular in recent years. Call it the trend of self-care, perhaps, but we know that people are going crazy for luxurious baths. And, that includes bath bombs. So, how do you make one of these easy DIY skin care products? Well, you can start with a simple recipe. Once you perfect your technique, you can move on to more complex instructions. All it takes is ½ cup baking soda, ¼ cup Epsom salt, ¼ cup corn starch, ¼ cup citric acid, 3 teaspoons coconut oil, 1-2 teaspoons water, and several drops of an essential oil. You can also add food coloring if you want to make things even more cool.
You may have to play with the recipe to get it to hold its shape, but this one is super fun to experiment with! Just combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet ingredients and whisk together. Then press the mixture into bath bomb molds. The mixture can sit in the mold for about five minutes, then remove them and let dry for 24 hours. We hope you enjoy these popular and easy DIY skin care products!
Easy DIY Skin Care Products: Scrub
This recipe is so easy that you’ll wonder why we even needed to include it in our easy DIY skin care products article! Just grab a small glass jar, then get started on this recipe. (This one is also great for a gift.) So, in a food processor, process ¾ cup of rolled or steel cut oats for 30 seconds. Add ½ cup of raw sugar and run for 10 seconds. Then, add 4 tablespoons of coconut milk, mostly the fat (from a can), and process until the mixture is a bit like a paste. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, then scoop into the jar. This is one of the fastest easy DIY skin care products that we know of.
Easy DIY Skin Care Products: The Conclusion
Skin care doesn’t have to be hard! All you need is to know what YOU want in your own products. Then, you can just make them into easy DIY skin care products. It might all sound a little too easy, but you’ll probably love the results. So, grab some friends or your significant other, and make an afternoon of creating easy DIY skin care products. You’ll love saving money and knowing exactly what’s going on your skin!