What Is Nitric Oxide?
Before we get into what ingredients boost nitric oxide(NO), let’s go over what NO is in the first place. NO is a chemical compound of nitrogen & oxide that everyone’s body naturally produces. Its purpose is to help the trillions of cells in your body communicate with one another through transmission signals. In other words, Nitric oxide makes sure that information is received & signaled in the nerve cells of your brain. NO is incredibly beneficial in many ways. For one, NO increases blood flow which supports erectile dysfunction, muscle growth and an increase in energy. Products containing NO boosting ingredients are the best when looking to boost testosterone, increase workout performance or improve your sex life. Now that we know what NO is, let’s look at what ingredients boost it.
Nitric Oxide Boosting Ingredients
NO boosting ingredients are common in muscle and male enhancement supplements. Most ingredients are natural herbs clinically proven to support NO levels. Always check the ingredients list when purchasing new products. Avoid supplements that contain filler and harsh chemicals. Let’s take a look at what ingredients help increase NO levels:
- L-Arginine – This is an amino acid that is common in NO boosting supplements. L-Arginine is clinically proven to boost NO levels and improve the circulation of blood flow for bigger muscles. A study was done that revealed taking 3g of L-Arginine a day for one week increases NO levels. This amino acid is safe to use in small doses.
- L-Citrulline – Like L-Arginine, L-Citrulline is also an amino acid. It makes an excellent detoxifier and is added to many muscle supporting supplements to increase NO production. The detoxifying element helps to cleanse ammonia out of the liver. The detoxing properties also help to support the production of L-Arginine which further boosts NO levels.
- L-Norvaline – When nitric oxide is in the presence of L-Norvaline, NO is produced at a much higher rate. In fact, studies have shown that it can boost NO levels up to 60% This is great for accelerating result time after intense workouts and keeps the body energized to maximize performance. When supplements combine L-Arginine, L-Citrulline & L-Norvaline together, the increase in muscle mass, energy & stamina gives you intense results that will boost your muscular physique.
- Gynostemma Extract – Also known as ginseng. This is a natural herb that is used for its unique properties. Often used to treat cardiovascular diseases, the herb is also common in NO boosting supplements. The herb contains an ingredient called pentaphyllum. Pentaphyllum directly increases nitric oxide release throughout the body. The herb also contains therapeutic effects that help with libido and erectile dysfunction.
- Garlic Extract – Although garlic extract does not directly contain NO boosters, it is a great ingredient for boosting the enzyme NO. When NO is in the presence of garlic, it can help L-Arginine convert to boost NO levels. Garlic also contains vitamin B2 and B3 which is proven to lower blood pressure. This is good for maintaining stamina and energy levels.