Are You Curious: What Is The Nordic Diet?
Do you like to keep up on current diet trends and even try them yourself? Then, you’ve probably heard of all the trendy diets out there: keto, paleo, Mediterranean, Atkins. But, there is a lesser-known diet that is making some waves in recent headlines. It’s called the Nordic Diet, and you may be curious to learn about some of its benefits.
Now, you are probably wondering: What Is The Nordic Diet, and what foods does it consist of? Well, in the next section, we’ll tackle some ways you can try this diet and how to think about the foods you’ll need to eat on it. But, first we’ll cover what this diet is so you’re not wondering What Is The Nordic Diet throughout this whole article.
What Is The Nordic Diet And Who Started It?
Maybe you’re not even familiar with the word “Nordic.” This is a group of countries that consist of Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, and Greenland. This is an important thing to know when unpacking the question, What Is The Nordic Diet.
Next, you should know that it was created in 2004 by scientists and chefs in Nordic countries. Why was it created? Well, contrary to popular American belief, people in Nordic countries gain weight, too! So, these countries decided to do something about it. And, the foods that you can eat on a Nordic diet are grown in those countries. Which, if you know anything about them, you will know are not very warm! So, read on to find out what these foods are.
What Is The Nordic Diet: Foods List
Every diet comes with a list of foods you can and can’t eat. However, it’s best to think of any diet as a way of life. So, start figuring out how you can work this new lifestyle as you stop wondering What Is The Nordic Diet and start doing it!
- Foods To Eat Often: Fruits, spices, herbs, low-fat dairy, seafood, whole grains, nuts, seeds, rye breads, fish, berries, and vegetables.
- Eat In Moderation: Free-range eggs, yogurt, cheese, and game meats.
- What To Eat Rarely: Animal fats and red meats
- Never Eat: Processed meats, foods with additives, refined fast foods, sugar-sweetened beverages, added sugars.
- Why Should You Eat These Things:? Well, remember that the Nordic Diet was created based on the foods that grow in these countries. However, these kinds of foods are good for you, too! And, some studies show that this diet can also aid in weight loss!
Does this yummy new diet sound great to you? Well, why not try it, then?
Just remember, there are dozens of different diets out there. So, finding the right one is really about finding the one that is right for YOU and your specific diet and health needs. But, we bet you feel a little less curious now about the question What Is The Nordic Diet. Really, now you can make the decision whether you want to try it! And, if you’re looking for any other weight loss tips or supplements to go along with your diet, look around on New Review HQ to find some!