Ever Wondered: Does Sitting Make You Fat?
In this day and age, lots of people sit all day long. A long time ago, we used to move our bodies around all day long for our jobs, and we didn’t think about sitting as much. But, society has changed, and we spend a lot more time sitting in front of computers. Really, some people don’t even think about it. But, there are lots of reasons not to sit all day. And, now people are starting to wonder: Does Sitting Make You Fat?
Well, science says that it may lead to varicose veins, blood clots, diabetes, and heart disease. And, we know it might leave you feeling kind of “blah” at the end of the day instead of energized. But, Does Sitting Make You Fat? Well, that’s what we wanted to dive into in this article. Because, you’ve got enough to worry about at work. And, perhaps switching from a sitting desk to a standing desk might be the easy switch you need to just stop worrying: Does Sitting Make You Fat?
Does Sitting Make You Fat? Some Pro Tips
In this section, we compiled a list of ways that sitting can lead to weight gain, and also some ways to combat that.
- Sitting all day may lead to weak glute and leg muscles. And, everyone knows you need these muscles to move around. So, you want to do your best to make sure you’re keeping them strong!
- Next, sitting all day can lead to a blockage of lipoprotein lipase. And, we need this in our bodies to help burn fats and sugars. So, Does Sitting Make You Fat? Well, this bit of information makes us think yes!
- Another thing that sitting can do is lead to depression and anxiety. That’s because, people who exercise more tend to have less anxiety. So, Does Sitting Make You Fat? Yes. And, it could also make you sad!
- When you sit too much, it can also lead to varicose veins. And, these aren’t very attractive. So, they might make you fat by feeling bad about yourself and leading to stress eating.
- Lastly, sitting all day could lead to stiff shoulders and neck. And, this could make it harder to exercise. So, Does Sitting Make You Fat? Our conclusion is yes, and it also leads to lots of other unhealthy things as well!
Final Thoughts On Does Sitting Make You Fat?
If you really do have to sit all day, you could consider getting up to take walking breaks throughout the day, getting a standing desk, and making sure your diet is extremely healthy. That way, you won’t have to worry as much about Does Sitting Make You Fat, and instead you can say: does this behavior make me healthier? And, don’t forget to exercise on a regular basis, too.
If you’re feeling like you want to change your sitting patterns, and also start exercising and changing your life, too, try some of the tips or supplements on the New Review HQ page!