Chronic Pain and Supplements That Can Help
At its best, chronic pain is an annoyance. At its worst, it is a debilitating hindrance that deprives us from being able to fully enjoy our lives.
Sadly, for the majority of cases, there is no cure or foolproof treatment for issues relating to chronic pain. Because this diagnosis typically ties to nerve problems, it can ambiguous in nature and difficult even for medical professionals to solve.
Studies show that more than one out of 10 Americans suffer from chronic pain. If you’re among the 25 million who deal with this daily struggle, you might have wondered whether supplements can be a difference-maker. We’re all aware of the wavering efficacy of products within this industry (many such pills flat-out don’t work), so one could hardly be blamed for carrying a level of skepticism.
However, there is good news: several natural properties have proven effective toward relieving various forms of chronic pain. Supplement formulas that properly leverage these ingredients are becoming cherished daily staples for many trying to escape the daily aches and irritation.
Supplements That Can Help Chronic Pain
Let’s examine some herbal extracts that are redefining the way we approach chronic pain and its cumbersome effects:
- Turmeric: This root, which comes from the ginger family, is widely heralded for its wellness benefits. It possesses the helpful capability of reducing inflammation, which can offer substantial daily support to those dealing with back pain or joint discomfort. Plus, it’s easy to take. Find a quality dietary supplement capsule or try cooking with the flavorful yellow spice.
- White Willow Bark: Some call it nature’s aspirin. Much like turmeric, white willow bark extract helps curb inflammation, and it has proven useful for those who frequently experience headaches and lower back pain.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: These are advisable for pretty much anyone, because they are good for joint health in general. If you constantly limp around on sore knees or stiff hips, omega-3 fatty acid supplements are a no-brainer. If you want to skip the pill simply make sure to load up on fish, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
- Probiotics: These healthy bacteria work actively to keep your stomach and bowels clean and efficient. Anyone who battles regular stomach aches and cramps figures to benefit greatly from them. Many new probiotics supplements are hitting the market all the time because it is one of the industry’s fastest-growing subdivisions.
- Glucosamine: This is a good ingredient to look for in any chronic pain supplement formula. Its ability to nourish and support joints and cartilage is well documented.
It should be noted that none of these properties show 100 percent effectiveness toward any particular ailment. As we mentioned before, chronic pain is a very tricky issue to trace and treat. But along with physical therapy, daily natural supplementation stands out as the most frequently successful method for alleviating day-to-day aches and pains. And because these ingredients come from nature, they don’t carry the side effects and reactions often present with synthetic or artificial formulations.
If you’re perusing labels of pain management supplements, keep an eye out for these reputed components.